Manna Community Store CSR & Pickup Associate
Under the supervision of the Manna Church Community Store Director and the Assistant Store Manager, the Customer Service Representative & Pickup Associate will be interacting with customers continually offering them assistance as needed. The Manna Church Community Store is a retail business that sells donated building materials, furniture, flooring, home goods and appliances at discounted prices to generate revenue to support the Manna Dream Center in its mission to reach our community with the love of Jesus Christ while ministering to the needs of the community.
Other duties will include driving a box truck, receiving donations, loading customers’ purchases, cleaning and testing donations.
28 Hours weekly
$10 per hour
Workdays: Tuesday – Saturday
Requirements: Must have a valid drivers license and the ability to lift 80 lbs.
Manna Church and the Manna Church Community Store exist to glorify God by equipping His people to change their world. As a Manna Church Community Store Customer Service Representative you are to assist in this vision by embodying the values and culture of Manna Church, by engaging within the local church, tithing, living a lifestyle consist with our bylaws, and by modeling SERVE – See and Shape the Future, Engage and Develop Others, Reinvent Continually, Value Results and Relationships, and Embody the Values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
○ Greet walk-in customers
○ Assist customers, by phone or on the sales floor
○ Ensure customers are assisted with purchases to include:
> helping to move furniture/appliances/supplies
○ Maintain product knowledge and up-to-date information on sales events
○ Consistently provide an exceptional level of both internal and external customer service
Cash Register Operations
○ Accurately and efficiently operate registers according to procedure
○ Maintain orderly appearance of register area and keep supplies stocked
○ Assist the Manna Church Community Store Director and/or Assistant Manager with opening
and closing the register..
○ Work with Manna Church Community Store Director for effective merchandising of the floor,
maximizing available display space and use inventory control and pricing to ensure appropriate
turnover of merchandise.
○ Changing displays for Holidays and Sales Events
○ Assist with pricing product and data input into inventory
○ Ensure that all areas of the store, restrooms, and warehouse are clean and safe
○ Manage donor receiving area that offers premium service, quick and easy drop-offs and
appropriate donation receipts.
○ Clean, test and repair donations
Box Truck Operations
○ Ability to drive box truck with power lift gate
○ Pick up donations from homes and businesses
○ Ability to pack and strap donations
● Church Community Store Meetings
● Staff Mentoring as directed
Key Software Requirements:
● Google Mail/Apps/Docs
● MS Office
● Square POS
● Regular involvement in Manna Church activities and events.
● Signed acknowledgement of Manna Church’s “Statement of Faith”
● Signed acknowledgement to policies and procedures as stated in Manna Church’s employee
● Living out the spiritual principles outlined in the Employee Handbook; participation in a small group;
tithing consistently; attending worship services; involvement in outreach; following Christ personally
and passionately; sexual purity.
Physical & Skill Requirements:
● Clean Valid Driver’s License
● Background check
● To be able to lift and move up to 80 lbs
● Rearranging of Community Store Merchandise and Shelving